Health Care Practitioners
Screening for Health Care Professionals – 1-day program
The next INPP Screening for Clinicians and Health Professionals program is yet to be scheduled for delivery in 2020
This new training course is designed for Health Care practitioners involved in working with children or adults with behavioural or learning issues that may be associated with Neuro Motor Immaturity. Participants will learn about the theory behind the neurological screening tests and application of the tests in identifying Neuro-Motor Immaturity.
This course includes instruction in the use of the manual: Neuromotor Immaturity in Children and Adults allowing practitioners to test for neuro-motor immaturity and provide advice and direction if required.
- “Research has shown that contrary to popular belief many children do have immature neuromotor skills without more serious pathology, and that this is directly linked to underachievement in education and other areas
- Disorders of movement can also affect thoughts and behavior – the test can be used with adults to identify cases where factors influencing balance and perception underlie psychological symptoms such as panic disorder
- Includes a range of reproducible score sheets and observation sheets for use in practice” (source: www.inpp.org.uk)
This course is specifically appropriate for clinicians and practitioners interested in learning more about the role of primitive and postural reactions in supporting neuro-motor skills for enhanced function. It includes:
- an introduction to a selection of primitive reflexes, their functions in normal development and the potential effects if the primitive reflexes remain active beyond the first 6 months of life.
- a discussion of postural reactions, their functions and effects if they do not develop fully.
- instruction and hands-on experience in testing several primitive reflexes, which if retained, have consistently been shown to play a part in oculomotor dysfunction, visual-perceptual difficulties and educational under-achievement.
The tests are based on medical tests for the assessment of primitive reflexes and soft signs of neurological dysfunction.
This course does not include training in remedial intervention using The INPP Method.
The course is likely to be conducted in CAIRNS in 2020. The venue and exact date is yet to be confirmed.
PLACES ARE LIMITED
Cost: $495 (plus GST)
Please note: Each participant requires a manual for the program which will be available through Integrating Thinking and is included in the registration fee. If you have your own, please notify us prior to the course delivery date to obtain adjusted fee information.
Payment is required on registration for the course. Cancellation policies apply.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE DATE OF DELIVERY
Inquiries and expressions of interest regarding this program can be made through the email form below or by phoning Chris on 0429 614 687.
Please register your interest in these programs and we will notify you via email regarding updates to delivery of this program in other cities.